Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Emmie's first day of Kindergarten!

Here she is in our front yard. She couldn't hardly stand to stop and let me take this picture!Crusin' down the sidewalk in her favorite outfit (pink) on her favorite scooter (pink) with her favorite backpack (can you guess?...yep-pink).
Right outside of her school.
Here she is in her little seat. She was so excited to hang up her backpack and find her seat. Her teachers name is Miss Sorensen, and I am SO impressed with her! Emmie was really excited that she got her too because we have heard a lot of the neighbor kids talk all about her.

After I took this picture, I only cried all the way home! I walked her to school, pushing Jaynee in the stroller, and Emmie riding her scooter. Emmie was going so fast that Jaynee kept telling me to "wun mommy, wun!(run). She was so excited! The saddest thing was that while I was doing her hair that morning, she accidently put her finger on the flat iron and burned herself. She walked around with a little bag of ice on her finger most of the day. I had to send her to school with it, and with a little thremos of ice next to her desk for refills. I was proud of her though because she didn't let it ruin her first day. I cried partially because she is my little helper and literally my "brain" at home. She helps me remember where things are and she helps me do laundry, she takes such great care of Jaynee, even taking her upstairs and changing her diaper! ( no I didn't ask her to, I just found her up there changing it one day and she said "Mom, she was so wet. You didn't change her") Yep- that is my little Boo. I also cried because I came to realize that my kids are starting into a whole new phase of life-school years, and I just have to let it happen!? I am not ready for it all! Why did I ever think one baby was hard! Now I have two in school and I am finding out already that the paperwork and the homework piles up really fast!! But those years went so fast, and I can never have them back. They are in school and the world gets them for a good part of the day. Sometimes I wish I could have those days back and get a re-do!